Homemade Corn chowder is a nice, comfort food of a soup. Its rich, homey tastes all blend together for a wonderful bowl of soup that will warm you up from the inside out on those cold, dark winter days.
Soups can also make a nice way to extend your cooking as leftovers are so easy to heat up.
They can be great to take to friends who are ill, nursing a loved one back to health, enjoying their baby moon, or even to a pot luck too. They freeze well and are easily transportable in a crock pot or even simply put into glass jars and re heated wherever you’re going. Because most people, even kids enjoy a simple soup like corn chowder, it’s a vegetarian soup, and its even easy to make vegan, this soup in particular is perfect for all these occasions and more!
As far as the corn chowder recipe that follows – its incredibly easy to make, pretty quick for a soup, and comes out perfect every time! Enjoy it with a fresh green salad and some tasty homemade bread or croutons for a naturally delicious meal that will keep your belly full and warm even when its cold outside.
- 4 T butter
- 2 large onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced (more if you like garlic)
- 5 C vegetable stock
- 3 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 C (8oz) creamed corn
- 2-3 C fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- ¼ C milk or cream (optional)
- Fresh chives to garnish
- Heat butter in large sauce pan and add onions and garlic to cook for about 5 min.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil
- Add potatoes
- Simmer uncovered 10 min.
- Add the creamed corn and corn kernels and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min
- Stir the cheese through
- Add cream or milk
- Garnish with chives and serve
Nature Is Random…So Are These