This homemade skin care recipe makes me hungry just looking at it, let alone making it! Lemons, honey, oats and bananas aren’t just a treat for your taste buds though, they have a lot of different benefits for your skin too, and, when mixed together can make a nice, fragrant, relaxing facial.
As for the benefits, the oats exfoliate and offer antioxidants while the honey soothes and protects against bacteria. Lemons also have easily accessible antioxidants and lighten and tone the skin while bananas have anti aging properties and more! When fresh and mixed together these organic ingredients feed your face with balanced, natural nutrition.
Please remember though to always make any natural beauty recipe like this that uses fresh ingredients…fresh! Never store it. Bacteria can grow so quickly and as soon as that happens, you might as well forget it.
When made fresh though, the benefits these all natural ingredients hold are released and ready to be absorbed by your skin to feed it from the outside in. Check out the following natural beauty recipe for our lemon, honey, oat, and banana facial and see for yourself just how easy and affordable it can be to be naturally beautiful!
- 1 med, ripe organic banana
- 2T organic honey
- 3T fresh organic lemon juice
- 3-4T chopped oats (Optional)
- Smash bananas
- Add honey and lemon juice
- Mix thoroughly
- If using, add chopped oats
- Apply mixture to face rubbing gently in a circular motion with your forefingers. Be sure not to pull the skin by rubbing too hard.
- Continue to gently rub the mixture into your face for a few minutes being sure to get it everywhere including your neck and decollete (upper chest) area.
- Now leave on for about 10 min
- When ready, rinse your face with lukewarm water (NOT hot)
- Pat dry
Nature Is Random…So Are These