Here is a recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese that’s so super tasty and reheats very easily so makes great leftovers! Makes a great stand alone meal especially when paired with a fresh salad, or, is an excellent side dish too!
Homemade Mac And Cheese Recipe
Recipe type: Main Dish
Here is a homemade macaroni and cheese recipe that's perfect as a side dish or as the main dish served with salad. Enjoy it for dinner tonight!
- 1lb pasta (elbow, bow tie, spirals, etc)
- ¾ C bread crumbs
- 5 T Butter
- 3 T Flour
- 2½ C milk or milk substitute
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- 8oz Colby cheese
- 1 t dried mustard
- ¼ t nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Generously butter a 2 qt baking dish
- Boil pot of water and cook macaroni
- Melt 3 T butter in a large sauce pan
- Now, add the flour and stir over moderate heat for 2 min stirring constantly
- Next add the milk gradually while you stir with a fork. Keep stirring until mixture is thickened; about 3min.
- Cut cheese into chunks and add half of each kind to the milk mixture and stir until all melted.
- Add spices, salt, and pepper
- Once the macaroni is done, drain and add to pan.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and mix
- Add the rest of the cheese cubes and stir a bit more
- Melt the rest of the butter in a pan
- Add bread crumbs and brown for a min.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over cheese covered pasta
- Bake in pre heated oven for 45 min or until bubbly and golden on top
Nature Is Random…So Are These