Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie. If yours is soft and chewy – like the kind you find in a bakery – this recipe is for you!
We’ve tried a lot of different chocolate chip cookie recipes here and this is one of our favorites. There’s only one problem; it’s hard to keep the cookie jar full for more than a day or so when these are in there because everyone just loves them.
Check them out for yourself today and let us know what you think. And, if you have another favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, share it with all of us so we can go have a taste test!
- ¾ C butter melted
- 1 C brown sugar
- ½ C white sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 C flour
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Unbleached parchment paper for cookie sheets
- Preheat your oven to 325 F (165 C)
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Melt butter
- Cream melted butter, sugar, brown sugar together in a large bowl
- Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together
- Add flour mixture to the rest of the ingredients and mix until well blended
- Add chocolate chips
- Drop dough by ¼ C onto the prepared cookie sheets about 2-3 in apart
- Bake 12-15 min - the softer you like your cookies the less you should bake them.
- Let set on the cookie sheet a few minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool